End-to-end cloud compute
Model inference, batch jobs, task queues, web apps and more. All without your own infrastructure.Get Started
Trusted by the most ambitious engineering teams
Iterate at the speed of thought
Cloud power, local productivity
Run your code in the cloud within seconds. No need to install Docker, set up Kubernetes clusters, or even have an AWS account.
Built from scratch for high performance
A brand new container runtime written in Rust, specifically designed for modern-day use cases.
Infinite use cases
You create it, we run it. Explore the use cases that align with your goals.
The Future Now
Say hello to Cloud 2.0
- Seamless infrastructure.
- Deploy from a local machine to the cloud with just two additional lines of code.
- Top-notch speed.
- Run code in the cloud with the same instant feedback loop you have when you develop locally. Launch hundreds of containers of a freshly-built image within seconds.
Whatever you need
- Define your environment in code.
- Need a new Python library, a binary dependency, or a dataset? Just declare it in your image. No need to install Docker, we'll build it for you.
- Distributed primititves.
- All infrastructure needs in Modal are expressed in code. This includes hardware requirements, parallelism, storage volumes, and data structures.
Deploy and scale anything
- Use the whole Python ecosystem.
- Modal's flexible compute model extends to a wide range of applications, like web scraping, 3D rendering, and running distributed DuckDB SQL queries.
- Many patterns, one solution.
- Leave the scheduling and scaling to us, whether it's a cron job, task queue, or web endpoint.
- Pay only for what you use.
- Everything scales to 0 by default, and Modal only charges you for the time your code runs in the cloud.
Deployed on Modal
See the possibilities
Our community loves Modal
special shout out to @modal_labs and @_hex_tech for providing the crucial infrastructure to run this! Modal is the coolest tool I’ve tried in a really long time— cannnot say enough good things.
Wow - @modal_labs looks so good. I see great things in their future.
we ❤️ modal team - they’re super responsive even on weekends for niche issues 🙌
Modal is cool! Easily the best serverless dev experience I've seen. That said, it's definitely more optimized for an interactive experience than a programmatic one. This makes sense! It's early days, and it's already providing extremely powerful abstractions.
My new fav stack: @nextjs on @vercel, with a @supabase backend, and @modal_labs for data processing/queues/etc It's kinda wild how powerful this is.
The Tech Stack you need to build powerful apps. Frontend: @nextjs Backend: @supabase Deploy: @vercel Data Processing: @modal_labs The beauty of this stack is that you can start for FREE
Shoutout to @modal_labs, which I used to run the @OpenAI Whisper models to transcribe the audio. Appreciate the previous commenters who recommended it! It was easy to parallelize around ~80 containers so a 90+ min podcast could be transcribed in under a minute🤯🤯🤯 [3/4]
@modal_labs (modal.com): the easiest way to run stuff in the cloud. Honestly it's mind-blowing. Thanks @bernhardsson!
@modal_labs is a blessing built by the Cloud Computing deity to bring joy and love for our lives. I've never seen anything like it, but it is the best PaaS/SaaS/ Whatever-a-a-S I've ever used.
Something like this would of been basically impossible to do so quickly without @modal_labs, since I'd have to learn ML infra on gcp/aws, auto scaling, managing gpu infra, etc. It's autoscaled by them, so I can easily tune 5,10,15 models at a time. Don't have to manage A100s
This tool is awesome. So empowering to have your infra needs met with just a couple decorators. Good people, too!
Modal has already completely changed the way I interact with the cloud. It's so fast that I skip the local dev environment and just develop my code in the cloud from the start of a project. 1/